Re: [NTLK] Using Newton with Earthlink

From: Andy Pasulka (anp919_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Nov 25 2001 - 07:29:48 EST

>> From: "Millicent Gompertz" <mgomper2_at_earthlink.net>
>> Subject: [NTLK] Using Newton with Earthlink
>> Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 09:02:10 -0500
>>
>> Hi:
>>
>> Has anyone had any luck using the Newton with Earthlink. I looked at the
>> Messagepad support page and used the settings specified there, but after I
>> connect to the ISP, I'm disconnected. I'm using a motorola montana 33.6
>> pcmcia card. I tried calling Earthlink support and the tech rep said that
>> Earthlink doesn't support Newton anymore. Thanks.

I've also tried to follow the online page for configuring Newton for
Earthlink dialup. After rasslin' with it for a while, here's what I have
come up with:

Protocol: PPP
Configuration: Server
Access Number: (you can guess what goes here)
User ID: use the primary user ID, if you have several
Put your Password in, of course
Tap Continue
Primary DNS/Name Server Address: 207.217.126.81
Domain Name: earthlink.net
Tap Done
Now Tap Login Script
    Send: ELN/
    Send: <your username as above>
    Send: carriage return
    Wait for: ord:
    Send: Password
    Send: carriage return
    Beep
    Time out: mine's set for 60 sec.
    I've also chosen to display the script activity, which helps as you iron
out your particulars with the script. I just haven't unchecked it. I like to
watch what's going on when I connect, which helps me to make sure each
connection behaves itself.

That's it! Hope that helps.

ANP

--