Re: [NTLK] Newton emulator

From: R Pickett (emerson_at_hayseed.net)
Date: Sat Nov 24 2001 - 04:33:25 EST

On Sat, 2001-11-24 at 01:23, Andre Baron wrote:
> But to get back to the subject, does anyone know of a palm or wince emulator
> for the Newton, or a project that is ongoing in developing something like
> that. And for those of you more familiar with pda programming, how feasible
> is it?

Between one and two years ago, I sussed out the same question on this
list among others. I got some interest, but the overwhelming noise from
those in the know was that even though emulating the DragonBall on the
ARM would be cake, there were some Deep OS(tm) things in PalmOS that we
just didn't have the correct knowlege of NewtonOS and the arcana of the
platform to take advantage of.

But that was two years ago, and the world has moved on since then.
Maybe it's more possible now.

Really, apart from SSL, being able to run all of the Palm stuff out
there... (*drool) "I can do everything your damned Visor can, and
look, mine talks, has OpenGL, IMAP, -and- can take dictation to some
degree."

--
R Pickett           The people that once bestowed commands, consulships,
Hayseed Networks    legions, and all else, now meddles no more and longs