Re: [NTLK] [OT] U.S. Military Weather Balloons

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Nov 24 2001 - 01:52:57 EST

I remember that Sean Luke was looking at some kind of
Newton controled robot...what better robot than a
newton controled dirigible! Send that sucker around
the world and Jobs would have to take
notice...expecially if some kind of telemetry can be
developed and some kind of solar charging system
created...
Ha! Just a thought and a stretch to keep this on
topic!

Ed
web/gadget guru

--- James Elliott <rootbeeraddict_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

> <semi on topic because it pertains to the list
> itself>
> Whoa! When was that posted? I must be missing some
> messages.
> </semi on topic because it pertains to the list
> itself>
> But, just because it came up, I designed a dirigible
> around six of those.
>
> >In a previous message, William Kilarjian typed
> vigorously:
> >
> >>I just came into possession of two 12
> >>foot dia. US Military weather balloons.
> >
> >This gets my vote for the most intriguingly off
> topic post of the week.
> >
> >However, to perhaps put this back on topic... what
> if you loaded a Newt
> >on board and use the built in temperature sensor to
> record data at
> >standard intervals during ascent and descent?
> >
> >Ok, I'll admit that's a pretty lame stretch...
>

> The James Elliott Newton Site

=====
- The Powerpuff Girls -