Re: [NTLK] Faces in Names

From: Mark Rollins (mark_at_mrollins.com)
Date: Thu Nov 22 2001 - 05:30:25 EST

Subject: [NTLK] Faces in Names
From: Michael_Guzzo/Harmac_at_harmac.com

>Easy question for those who know. I installed NamesPhoto into my UMP2000.
>How do I put a photo in there?

Copy & paste?

Seriously, you can import a picture to NewtWorks, I believe TIFF & PICT
are supported; you can also post pictures to a Web page and grab them
with the fabulous NewtsCape, or dump from a Tibet-compatible digital
camera. You choose a business card style from the "Card Style" choice in
the "Show All" Names option. The business card with the picture option
in the business card icon with what looks like a picture in the upper
right. The picture does not have to be perfectly sized, you can crop it
by moving it a bit. I would make it only about as big as you need to, as
each picture takes up memory.

The picture - at least on the Newt - works best at no smaller than 64 X
74 pixels. What I do is bring in a picture from my Olympus D360L via
Tibet, zoom in 'till the picture looks about right, and then grab a
screenshot with "SnapIt!" a Japanese-origin screen grab utility. In the
"Prefs" I set SnapIt!'s size at 64X74 before grabbing a screen shot. I
then just drag the "clipboard" onto the business card with the picture placeholder.

--
Mark Rollins
mark_at_mrollins.com