Re: [NTLK] Ethernet card (3c589d-tp) doesnt work!! ;-(

From: R Pickett (emerson_at_hayseed.net)
Date: Wed Nov 21 2001 - 21:27:49 EST

On Wed, 2001-11-21 at 18:12, newton2k wrote:
> once you have the 3comaddon installed, when you insert the card, you=20
> won't get any auto-slip popping up, but it should work ok when you try=20=

Ooh, that reminds me to ask.

Did anyone ever make a widget to suppress various popups at boot for
card detection, etc?

It would be -so- nice if when I had to reset, I didn't have to poke
through two slips telling me about my two cards (yes, I know, thank you)
and that the machine restarted because reset was pressed (yes, I know,
thank you) before I was able to get back to what I was doing.

Anyone?

--
R Pickett           The people that once bestowed commands, consulships,
Hayseed Networks    legions, and all else, now meddles no more and longs