Re: [NTLK] why not split the list?

From: Grant [Box Model] Hutchinson (grant_at_splorp.com)
Date: Wed Nov 21 2001 - 12:37:05 EST

In a previous message, Matthew Robinson typed vigorously:

>I stated that a master list would be the superset of these. People could
>then choose to get all or a selection.

Ah yes, so you did. And of course, that makes a bit more sense. My
apologies for reading faster than my brain could comprehend.

However, I think you're still inviting confusion and crosstalk be
attempting to maintain so many individually targeted and themed lists. If
email was actually built to handle and automatically understand threads
on different topics, then it wouldn't be simple text-based electronic
mail anymore... it would be something else altogether. It would probably
be MS Outlook running off of a bank of Exchange messaging servers.

g.

Grant Hutchinson Interface Considerations & Toys

Live video served fresh since 1996. http://www.splorp.com/cam/
Now fortified with daily ramblings. http://www.splorp.com/blog/
Newton. It's the Palm with a brain. http://www.splorp.com/newton/