Re: [NTLK] newton + entourage v.x?

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Wed Nov 21 2001 - 10:27:09 EST

On 11/21/01 8:46 AM, "Jon Glass" <jonglass_at_usa.net> wrote:

> on 11/21/01 9:51 AM, Jakob Peterh=E4nsel at info_at_dnug.dk wrote:
>
>> Nope. Newtourage is still a Classic App, since it uses the Newton DIL's=3D2=
> 0=3D
>> =20
>> for Classic. But it uses AppleEvents to communicate, and hence should be=3D=
> 20=3D
>> =20
>> able to talk to Entourage for X also.
>
> Here is a question. Does Entourage for X use the same files as Entourage fo=
> Classic? In other words, can I sync Entourage in Classic, yet open the data
> up in the X version?

The files seem pretty much the same, but, unfortunately, at least with a
pre-release version of Entourage, you cannot open the same set of files
under Entourage 2001 and Entourage v.X. And I've been unable to successfully
import my messages from my Entourage 2001 identity to Entourage v.X. Pretty
disappointing. I haven't used the final version yet, so I won't be able to
fully comment until I get it.

-Laurent.

C Programmer's Disease n.: The tendency of the undisciplined C programmer to
set arbitrary but supposedly generous static limits on table sizes (defined,
if you're lucky, by constants in header files) rather than taking the
trouble to do proper dynamic storage allocation.