[NTLK] Re - Newton Messagepad 120 charging

From: Frank Gruendel (Frank_Gruendel_at_t-online.de)
Date: Tue Nov 20 2001 - 19:39:41 EST

>I have got a mp 120 and a charging station with a newton battery pack in
the
>newton. When the newton in pluged in, the light on the charging station is
>orange, but it stays orange for ever it doesn't change to green when it is
>charged.

Looks like the battery pack has a problem. Does the station show the same
behavior if you take the pack out of the Newton and charge it in the
other battery slot?

>Also if the pack is really low and I put it on ac power, the battery meter
> goes up to 100 %

This is normal, the battery indicator just measures the voltage which goes
up
pretty fast when charging (in a couple of seconds).

> but doesn't indicate it is charging.

This is also normal I think, to the best of my knowledge this is an os 2.1
feature.

Frank