[NTLK] $99 eMates

From: beaumontj_at_mindspring.com
Date: Tue Nov 20 2001 - 17:25:59 EST

I apologize for restarting this, but I just wanted to let everyone
know that PowerOn came through, and that Brent Kelly (the
owner) was very cool and while he didn't exactly apologize for
sales rep Jamie O'Connor's attitude, he DID sell me an eMate at
the $99 price stating:

>Our current batch of emates
>cost us significantly more, so anyone not on the master list will
not
>get the $99 price. I apologize if we did not place your name on
that
>list when you requested the product originally.

>Please call any of my sales staff and tell them that your name
was "on
>the list". If you have any additional problems please let your
>salesperson know that I have authorized the sale at the special
price.

If you remember, I had emailed PowerOn about the eMates
about 6 weeks ago and was told I was going to be put on a list
(and had all the emails from them to "prove" it). Anyway, the
eMate arrived yesterday and it is in good shape, in the box and
working nicely so far.

I feel that in the end the matter was handled professionally and I
wanted to pass that on to everyone here. I may even end up
buying another for my girlfriend (who loved the eMate when she
saw it) at the higher price...unless they raise it again!

Now if I could figure out a graceful way to get files from my eMate
to my G4 without pulling out my 500 series Powerbook and the
SCSI external Zip drive...

Seth
http://www.mild7.net