Re: [NTLK] OT Huh?

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Mon Nov 19 2001 - 17:19:18 EST

On 11/19/01 5:09 PM, "Gregory J. Wayman" <gwayman_at_mac.com> wrote:

> I feel stupied asking this but I'm gonna anyway...
> What is IIRC an acronym for?

If I Recall Correctly...

-Laurent.

Brooks's Law prov.: "Adding manpower to a late software project makes it
later" -- a result of the fact that the expected advantage from splitting
development work among N programmers is O(N) (that is, proportional to N),
but the complexity and communications cost associated with coordinating and
then merging their work is O(N^2) (that is, proportional to the square of
N). The quote is from Fred Brooks, a manager of IBM's OS/360 project and
author of "The Mythical Man-Month" (Addison-Wesley, 1975, ISBN
0-201-00650-2), an excellent early book on software engineering.