Re: [NTLK] Hoarding Newtons...

From: rkadowns_at_mac.com
Date: Mon Nov 19 2001 - 10:26:07 EST

Hey, I was only being sarcastic with my comment, but since this thread
keeps sewing, I'll put in my two cents. I agree with Loren really. I
would stockpile a couple Newtons if I could afford it, however I'm still
working on my trusty 130, and saving for a 2100, if I can find one that
isn't overpriced that is. Really, should anyone be paying 300+ bucks
for a piece of hardware that is no longer manufactured? Maybe if it is
Mint, and never taken out of the box. That would be a collectors item.
I saw a Mint condition Lisa (not XL) on eBay with only five bids and a
week to go and was already priced at $550. But for a used Newt 2x00,
300+ bucks is outrageous. However if those with say 4 or more working
netwons sitting on the shelf collecting dust were to acution those
extras off on ebay, the price would be more affordable for those still
using OMP's to 130's. In a perfect world, those already with 2x00's
would not purchase these and in the end this forum would take on a new
aura with more users of the same model platform. I enjoy this forum,
however much of this forum does not apply to me since I have a 130
therefore it can be difficult to share my input.

But I regress, this is not a perfect world, and that fact is, used Newt
2x00's do go for 300+ bucks on ebay anyway. So I will keep saving my
pennies and try not to be drawn into purchasing an iPaq 3800 series
jewel when I do have the money.

Cheers.