Re: [NTLK] re- transferring text to mac

From: Eric L. Strobel (fyzycyst_at_home.com)
Date: Mon Nov 19 2001 - 10:04:11 EST

at the temporal coordinates: 11/19/01 9:56 AM, the entity known as
Mikebridg_at_aol.com at Mikebridg_at_aol.com conveyed the following:

> In a message dated 19/11/01 2:12:30 pm, fyzycyst_at_home.com writes:
>
> << If you're on a Mac, search for ZTerm. It provides a text-based means of
> accessing another computer via your serial port. >>
>
> I vaguely remember Zterm from another existence was it on an apple ii or
> something?

I don't know about whether it was on an Apple II, but it's been on the Mac
for years and years. It's really quite good. Of course, there aren't many
alternatives around anymore, as the need for such things is nearly gone.
(When's the last time anyone dialed up to a bulletin board? I bet it's even
getting hard to find an ISP that'll give you a 'shell' account.)

(Back to reminiscing, does anyone recall the Red Ryder/White Knight terminal
app? Whatever happened to that?)

- Eric.