Re: [NTLK] What amazes me about Newt.

From: Woo Lee (vitcitylb_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Nov 17 2001 - 14:46:44 EST

Yeah, adding stuff after buying the main equipment always sucks *BUT* this
allows for third-party additions that the original manu. never thought of
or didn't think it was necessary. 'Ideas' have to be free flowing and
available. 'Ideas' are a work of love and/or labor. This 'work' and
'labor' does have a price, and that price must be paid by the
developer(freeware) or licensee(shareware). Aren't we all sharing the
Newton OS thru a paid license when we bought the hardware.
A large and/or dedicated developer base is what keeps our Newtons viable
and healthy, unless you need a nice paperweight.
Pay the shareware fees=good karma ;-) ...not to mention
updates/improvements.
..that reminds me, I owe Sean Luke a truckload of green tea for his
freeware.
------------------
>are just a few of the
>aftermarket apps. that you need to get the Newt to really be a PDA.
>It's too bad Apple did not incorporate these really simple enhancements
>into the Newton. In fact those sorts of applications should have been
>there in the first place. I just find it impossible to spend $250 on a
>UMP 2100 and then $100 more to make it useful. That's why it is dead
>weight for me.
>
>Christopher Plummer
>plumcakes_at_mac.com

!ooW %-) "Tony Blair's speech." "
Understand the causes of terror. Yes, we should try, but let there be no
moral ambiguity about this: nothing could ever
justify the events of 11 September, and it is to turn justice on its head
to pretend it could."
Pres. of Los Angeles Newton Users Group!