[NTLK] What amazes me about Newtons

From: Christopher Plummer (plumcakes_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat Nov 17 2001 - 12:29:40 EST

This is that kind of negative amaze. I was looking at all the shareware
and commercial software that enhances the Newt. It seems to me that you
need quite a few $15-$30 applications to get the newton to work nicely.
I mean it's OKay out of the box but you really can't do much easily. It
seems that apllications like MoreInfo, Dashboard, WordSleuth, Avi's
Backdrop, Quick Figure Pro, and HWR Works are just a few of the
aftermarket apps. that you need to get the Newt to really be a PDA.
It's too bad Apple did not incorporate these really simple enhancements
into the Newton. In fact those sorts of applications should have been
there in the first place. I just find it impossible to spend $250 on a
UMP 2100 and then $100 more to make it useful. That's why it is dead
weight for me.

Christopher Plummer
plumcakes_at_mac.com

"Eat up Martha"