Re: [NTLK] About those eMates which are for sale

From: Glenn Roe (myhome_at_cwnet.com)
Date: Fri Nov 16 2001 - 04:37:27 EST

I happen to live very close to PowerOn computing and have done a fair
amount of business with them in the past. I've always been satisfied
with their prices and service. I dropped by this afternoon and picked up
two eMates @$149, which to me is a bargain. I got one recently off ebay
for $225 and it was really beat up. The guys at PowerOn let me pick from
a half dozen eMates they brought out from the back. From what I picked
up these units came from Australia. Some had the international power
adapter plugs included. The units all seemed to be in good shape with
good screens and strong backlights. The sales guy thought they only had
about a dozen eMates left. While I was waiting I checked out a referbed
iMac on display and picked that up for a great price. They even gave me
a ram upgrade for 1/2 price. They repaired an iMac I bought from them
last year with no questions asked when I had a problem with the modem. A
reputable business from my experience.

Glenn Roe
Caregiver to 8 eMates now, and 5 MP2X00s