Re: [NTLK] E-mates at $99

From: Ian Milne (ian.milne_at_adelaide.edu.au)
Date: Thu Nov 15 2001 - 08:41:35 EST

> > Emates $149.99, Shipping to UK $175.00, $624.99 Total

I know its the principal of the thing, but considering that works out
to just over $200 per unit, to your house, thats not such a bad
deal....

When I had to replace my MP2K a little over a year ago (some gutter
scum stole it) I was looking at $300 minimum (without shipping) for a
VERY beat up unit.

I am not saying that the actions of the company are bad as far as
customer service goes, but unfortunately thats the way the business
seems to run these days. Anyway, you could now quite legitimately
claim a warranty period for the goods, associated with the higher
price and consequently make sure you are getting top quality.

        Ian
(PS NEVER go skimpy on shipping...unless you want to see what the
insides of very expensive devices look like, in itty bitty little
pieces - personal experience, with a $20,000 conductometric suite
(fortunately insured))

--
Ian Milne (B.Sc. Hons Adel. GRACI)
PhD Student, Taylor Research Group