Re: [NTLK] ActionNames vs. MoreInfo

From: Sushi (Sushi_at_ragingbull.com)
Date: Wed Nov 14 2001 - 08:46:49 EST

>On 11/14/01 @ 11:21 AM, Malawi, Hilal wrote:
>
>I've paid for Action Names and eventually decided my
>sanity is worth more than $80 - too many frustrating
>bugs. I currently use TimeTrax (not as feature-rich,
>but much more stable).

I would put my 2 cents in for TimeTrax. It may not have all the bells
and whisltes, but what it does it does very nicely.

There is only one change that I wish it had -- and it's a fairly minor
one.

When in the monthly view, and you press your pen on the timeline area, I
wish that the list would come up in column form rather than free text.
If you have a couple of meetings, it's no big deal. But if you have 5 or
more per day, it would make that feature much more readable.

I live and survive on the Monthly view since I must coordinate the
efforts of many separate offices.

>MoreInfo's demo showed AN's limitations even more. My
>suggestion: don't bother with AN.

I tried both a couple of years ago when I was using the Newt before I
went to the Palm. I still have bad memories of both. I experienced
lockups and other problems. Funny how one remembers the bad things for
so many years.

Would I try either again today?

Prior to TimeTrax I was considering it.

Then based on a recommendation from this list, I tried TimeTrax. Liked
it so much, that I registered it. Been happy since.

What's really funny, is having a Palm user see me using it. They just
die. Granted a 160x160 screen can't compare to the Newt 2000/2100
screen. But when they see what TimeTrax shows, they just roll their
eyes. Even a couple of Pocket PC folks expressed the same eye roll.

Of course both types of users counter with something along the lines of
what do you expect when you carry a brick.

Well, as far as I am concerned, this brick is worth carrying. I no
longer need to carry anything else. I used to carry the Palm, notebook,
paper, printed calendar (Both Palm and Pocket PC overview leave a lot to
be desired), and other items.

Now I don't need to carry anything else most of the time. So when you
look at the total package, the Newt has allowed me to carry less.

...and as risky as it may seem, I carry it in my hand without a case
around the office area. Just like carrying a heavy paperback book.

Sushi