[NTLK] ANN: Newton Connections Contest

From: THX 1138 (onefishtwofish_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Nov 13 2001 - 22:43:46 EST

It's my third anniversary of running the Newton Connections website.
So to shamelessly bribe each of you who does read this page into
returning and thus allowing me to have the ego boost I require to
spill my opinions to all who care to read them, I'm offering a
contest. The rules are simple. Come up with a new slogan for Newton
Connections, and you'll have your slogan plastered on the front page
for the next however long it takes me to get tired of it. In
addition, you will receive actual concrete gifts too. You will get a
hand cut and pulled linocut of our current slogan, "In less than
optimal circumstances, creativity becomes more important" in a signed
and numbered edition of one. I'll also include 14 ounces of my own
Backlight Blend coffee, specially roasted for the occasion. I'll
probably throw in something from my box of oddball Newton stuff too,
you know, to keep things on a tangent. All this will be delivered to
you by a secret government courier, cleverly disguised as a postal
worker.

Deadline for entry is November 26, and winner will be announced
December first on my page (see sig). Don't send in anything you
wouldn't tell your mother/priest/rabbi/guru/etc, kids read my page
too. All countries are welcome to enter. Unless you think my shipping
coffee will cause problems, then I'll substitute another prize. No
using someone else's copyrighted slogan. If I get sued over this, I
will not be happy. Enter no more than once a week, and one one entry
per email. I have other things to do with my life. If you think this
is stupid and idiotic, congratulations, now go away and leave me to
my fun. Emails sent to my mac.com address will be gleefully ignored
and deleted. My decision will be based on my own sense of humor,
warped as it is. Judgement will be based on wit, humor and good
spelling. I'm a sucker for a good pun too. Spelling does count. Not
as much as humor, but if I don't know what you mean, it isn't funny.
My decision will be final. So there.

So win small amounts of fame and glory. Send me an email with the
subject: "Newton Sloganeering" to 1f2frfbf_at_newted.org and your bid
for lasting wit.

later

--
ben.