Re: [NTLK] Plastic over infrared port

From: Mark Rollins (mark_at_mrollins.com)
Date: Tue Nov 13 2001 - 06:34:00 EST

From: James Elliott <rootbeeraddict_at_yahoo.com>
Subject: [NTLK] Plastic over infrared port

> piece of plastic that covers the infrared port has cracked.
> Does anyone know where I can get a new one?

Well neigh impossible, unless you want to spend $189 at Apple...
Seriously, if it's just cracked, and the crack doesn't obscure the IR
emitter and collector (test it with an IRDA printer or Palm if you have
SmartDog's BackTalk installed...) just put a TINY drop of liquid (not
gel) SuperGlue on the middle of the crack. It will wick up and down the
crack, sealing it.

--

Mark Rollins mark_at_mrollins.com www.mrollins.com