Re: [NTLK] educator's program [grades, names, etc]

From: C.W. Otto Sohn (oky_at_avalon.net)
Date: Mon Nov 12 2001 - 20:42:26 EST

>Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 20:49:08 -0800
>From: bcantley <bcantley_at_fullerton.edu>
>Subject: [NTLK] educator's program [grades, names, etc]
>

>Can anyone recommend a program for the 2000/2001 that will cater to the
>needs of an educator? Things needed would be entities such as:
>Attendance, grading columns, etc. Any help of any programs that would
>come close would be appreciated, I am about to embark on the MP journey
>as a classroom assistant! Many thanx!

The only app I know of is Clarity by Brant Sears (New World Software). It
is FREEWARE now and is available on UNNA. It's also available right from
the source (with a few words about its functionality):

<http://homepage.mac.com/brant/>

but I guess the manual is only on UNNA:

<http://www.unna.org/unna/applications/Clarity1.2.1b/>

It seems to have some limitations with class sizes, but I've personally not
run into that yet. Another shortcoming is that you cannot import or export
to any other classroom management software on your desktop, but you CAN
print out a "plethora" of different reports -- all explained in the manual.

HTH

Otto

*****
Otto Sohn <http://newted.dyndns.org/users/osohn/>