Re: [NTLK] More off-topic fun?

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Nov 12 2001 - 15:05:54 EST

Ok, I'm stopping in my tracks and taking another turn here.

We're a much needed list for enthusiastic users of a great PDA, and one of
the huge reasons people are still getting the max out of their Newts,
one way to kill this list though is flooding it with OT stuff.

Case in point:

on 10-11-2001 10:42, Paul Guyot at pguyot_at_kallisys.net wrote:

> Seen how I bring this on topic again? :) I'm glad I switched to
> digest, because among iPod, Copyright, abandonware, Apple, OS flame
> wars, Java, outlook, super computers, verizon DSL, etc. I seem to
> have lost the main topic of this list.

So next time that somebody has a pressing ATA driver question for Paul
you'll just have to wait until he's got the digest and read it, or worse,
keep it off the list, so the other can't benefit.
(one of the reasons for this list in the first place)

Am I the only one that is worried by this,
if so there's something wrong here.

And the only thing I'm asking here is to keep the traffic focused as much as
possible, especially if off topic.

And if off topic gets as much as lately, I switch automatically to
'no comment' mode, even though my fingers itch sometimes.

If the other subjects win, I guess our beloved list and platform are dying.

Robert Benschop