Re: [NTLK] [NTLK][OT] Veterans Day...

From: Woo Lee (vitcitylb_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Nov 12 2001 - 13:36:30 EST

------------------
>In the USA
>
>Memorial Day is a day or remembrance of those killed in conflict
>
>Veterans Day is to thank the living who have served. Either in conflict or
in
>preparation of conflict. Those who served in peace were still ready to
make
>the sacrifice. So This weekend thank a Veteran for your freedom and dont
>forget to walk your dog.

How can I forget, she walks on the keyboard, she tears up the newspaper,
she AHHHH!!! GET AWAY YOU CRAZY MUTT!!!...

..sorry, she sat on my Newt., sheesh.
----------------
>Keep the Green
>Rich
>King of Eastern Newtonia

Trying to, but this mutt's butt might do otherwise. :-o
----------------
>Lucky to have never had to face the threat of war face to face, thanks to
>countless others in previous generations who looked at evil and conquered
it.

I was never in a war(unless you count East L.A. as a day-to-day zone), but
we've been lucky.
'Thanks' is just the tip of the iceberg. We must continue to keep our
country strong, lest we let history repeat and even greater sacrifices will
be tolled.

!ooW %-) "Tony Blair's speech." "
Understand the causes of terror. Yes, we should try, but let there be no
moral ambiguity about this: nothing could ever
justify the events of 11 September, and it is to turn justice on its head
to pretend it could."
Pres. of Los Angeles Newton Users Group!