Re: [NTLK] ActionNames vs. MoreInfo

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Mon Nov 12 2001 - 02:36:49 EST

on 11/12/01 1:00 AM, Ivan Shaw at ishaw_at_sympatico.ca wrote:

>> And considering AN is free, and MI is STILL $85, I am leaning towards AN.
>
> ActionNames is not free.

AN is free in the same way that MI can be free. ;-)

That said, I've used AN for years, and the only reason I kept using it was
because I spent so much money on it. :-) At first, MI and AN didn't have
enough between them to differentiate them too much, which is when I went
with AN. As time wore on, however, MI improved dramatically, while AN merely
improved a little. Since I had invested so much time into customizing my
fields and links, I kept with AN. I would not recommend it, even for free,
to a new user. It has a bunch of little, niggley bugs, and one that can
really cause problems, in the "Contact History" name view, and customized
links. Iambic knew of this bug, but, unfortunately, Apple cancelled the
Newton before AN was fixed. :-( I would heartily recommend MI over AN any
day, even at its steep price. Remember, at least SilverWare is still
supporting it, of a sorts. Iambic is pretending that the Newton never
existed, and you are on your own, up the creek, without them.

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland