Re: [NTLK] Diversity -- Was: the way this.

From: Woo Lee (vitcitylb_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Nov 10 2001 - 12:53:27 EST

My dad would shake 'your' hand for this post.

He survived The Korean War, he had too, otherwise I and my family wouldn't
be here(who else would max out his/her Newt.?)

He 'never' talks about it(the War), but I don't blame him and he never
wishes he was involved, it was 'his' country. I guess I'll never know how
happy and grateful he and his group were when the first group of American
soldiers arrived to defend a foreign country that also wanted a democracy.
Men side-by-side for one common goal, freedom. Fight for your freedom or
die with your rights.
He also met other people from the UN's charter to support his country. So
much evil, but there's way more good in this world. South Korea could buy
North Korea today. That would improve the quality of life there and ease
fears in Japan. There's still hope!
------------------
>Anyhow, as a reminder, this weekend we celebrate Veterans Day.
>
>Veterans have sacrificed their lifestyle, and many have given their lives
>so that we are free to pursue our lives as we see fit. So on the 11th,
>hug and thank a veteran that you know.
>
>I for one, know that they will appreciate the gesture. It helps to know
>that spending months on end in a tiny little tent, if you're lucky, in a
>far way place, under very unpleasant circumstances, was all worth it.
>Those simple words, "Thank You," can mean so much.
>
>For those of your outside of the US, please do the same on the
>appropriate day for your country. We are so lucky to live in a free
>world! :-)
>
>Sushi

!ooW %-) "Tony Blair's speech." "
Understand the causes of terror. Yes, we should try, but let there be no
moral ambiguity about this: nothing could ever
justify the events of 11 September, and it is to turn justice on its head
to pretend it could."
Pres. of Los Angeles Newton Users Group!