Re: [NTLK] LOTR (Lord of the Rings) in Newton Book format

From: Alexander Schreiber (als_at_thangorodrim.de)
Date: Sat Nov 10 2001 - 09:01:32 EST

On Thu, Nov 01, 2001 at 04:51:23AM -0800, j kallo wrote:

> Okay, I know this is gonna come across as a flame, but
> understand that I really am not intending it as such.
> I am completely amazed at the level of acceptance from
> this list of what is, from what I can tell, disregard
> of copyright--this being the same list that will, on
> the slightest hint of someone disregarding SOFTWARE
> copyright, attack with a vengence.
>
> I have several texts on my newton which are
> copyrighted and which I didn't pay for so I am not
> displaying moral righteousness, just plain ol'
> amazement. I mean, doesn't it seem kinda odd that we
> freak over trying to hunt down someone to pay for
> software they no longer care about, and yet we have no
> trouble distributing Tolkien's life's work?

I downloaded LOTR and the Hobbit in Newtonbook format to read them on my
Newton - but I also have
 - LOTR, german translation as one hardcover book,
 - LOTR, english as paperback,
 - The Hobbit, english as paperback

so I have absolutely no moral problems with this.

Regards,
      Alex.

--
q: If you were young again, would you start writing TeX again or would
   you use Microsoft Word, or another word processor?