Re: [NTLK] [OT] 18TH TOP500 LIST OF WORLD'S FASTEST SUPERCOMPUTERS RELEASED

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Sat Nov 10 2001 - 08:10:07 EST

on 11/9/01 11:54 PM, Andre Baron at abaron_at_mac.com wrote:

> Because Apple doesn't make Super, Macro or Mini Computers. Apple makes
> powerful desktop machines. The have barely delved into the server market.
> IMHO Apple wouldn't make a good supercomputer, they don't have the
> experience or ability. They also don't have most of the hardware required.

Someone has taken G4 macs, rack mounted them, and run them together to make
a super computer. They sell them in groups of something like 12 and 24 or
custom make them. I saw a pic in MacAddict or something like that. Besides,
didn't Steve call the G4 a "super computer for the desktop"? ;-)

(Imagine stacking MP2Ks to make a super computer)<--obligatory Newton
reference... ;-)

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland