Re: [NTLK] Not really Re: Platform crap...

From: Mikebridg_at_aol.com
Date: Sat Nov 10 2001 - 05:48:54 EST

In a message dated 10/11/01 8:57:16 am, jonglass_at_usa.net writes:

<< I know what addicted me to the keyboard--WordStar. It's wonderful
"home-row"
commands, and the "dot commands" were wonderfully lightening-fast for touch
typists. There has never been another program that was so thoroughly
integrated with the keyboard in such a natural, usable manner, and, frankly,
sometimes I miss it... >>

DIdiyou ever try to layout something complicated without a 'print' view was a
real pain - we were very glad to get a 500k mac and leave WordStar behind,
but our typists hated the change and missed the dot commands terribly amd
found ctrl and a letter very unintuitive.

ike