[NTLK] What's needed for Java programming

From: Frank Gruendel (Frank_Gruendel_at_t-online.de)
Date: Fri Nov 09 2001 - 19:22:39 EST

>You need
>to become a master in reading manuals and copy and paste as well as in
>software design this days

Actually I think that this is an outdated strategy these days.
Yesterday I spent about three hours that way trying to solve a particular
Java problem. Then I gave up and had a look at www.deja.com. Not suprising,
someone else has had the same problem around 1998 and has posted the
solution. The solution was the first entry in the list of found search
results, copying it and pasting it into my code was a matter of seconds.
This were three hours I could have definitely spent better...

Frank

Newton software and hardware stuff at www.pda-soft.de