Re: [NTLK] Not really Re: Platform crap...

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Nov 09 2001 - 09:29:59 EST

on 09-11-2001 1:24, Steven M. Scotten at splicer_at_paroxysm.com wrote:

> Really? I've always found one tap of the PG-DN key to be a lot faster
> than mousetothescrollbarthenclickanddrag. I have Unix-using friends who
> blaze through multiple documents way faster than I can dream of, and
> they all tell me that my slow navigation is due to my addiction to
> moving my hands off the keyboard.

True, the reason why I love both the Mac and the Newton, extremely easy
interface with keyboard shortcuts that are a dream to remember (I mean, an
idiot like me can remember "Command-A" for "select all" and "Command-P" for
printing, never had a clue with Windows keyboard commands.

(INSERT FOR PLATFORM IDIOTS, NO I DON'T MEAN THAT WINDOWS SUCKS, I JUST
CAN'T REMEMBER THE DARN SHORTCUTS 'CAUSE THEY AREN'T LOGICAL AND YES, I
SLEEP WITH MY MAC)

flames off list please, I won't reply ;-)

But I have to say that I pity all my Mac using friends that got addicted to
using the mouse for everything and pay with speed loss.

Never knew what got me addicted to the keyboard, my first MS-DOS experience
(without a mouse) or the piano......

Robert Benschop