Re: [NTLK] Newt surfing ?

From: Ken Whitcomb (ken_at_imageguild.com)
Date: Fri Nov 09 2001 - 09:00:30 EST

on 11/9/01 4:23 AM, Andy Wells at andywells_at_hotkey.net.au wrote:

> Newtonites
> Just started having a go at surfing using Nethopper 3.2.
> ( and emailing from my eMate again too yippee :-)
>
> Trouble is that I keep getting '404' errors from UNNA, TON or Steve's VNC
> download site ( I can get the main page Steve but not the .pkg download
> link )
>
> any ideas why ?

Well, NetHopper is an http 1.0 compliant browser. This means that it can't
call up files (that's what pages are really is a group of one or more files)
from a domain that is served with name-based hosting (mulitple domains with
the same IP address). These domains are only accessible by an http 1.1
compatible browser.

So whether or not these domains are being served up via name-based or ip
based virtual hosting but this is what I would suspect.

Ken Whitcomb