Re: [NTLK] PLW320

From: Marco Mailand (Newton2k1_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Nov 09 2001 - 07:55:29 EST

> What's this? Whenever I plugged mine into the wall, it powered up
> > It is supposed to have a power saving function
The elder PLW NT consumes about 100W all the time beside considerable
amounts of ozone. The PLW320 wakes up on AT activity and consumes more power
if needed to process the incoming data. That's what I think is meant by
Apple to be a power saving function. I could measure its power consumption
during printing and standby... at some day if I have time and if someone is
really interested in this information.

--
With best regards / Viele Gruesse!

Marco Mailand http://slsbd.psi.ch/timing