Re: [NTLK] Java 'n stuff

From: Marco Mailand (Newton2k1_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Nov 08 2001 - 08:56:31 EST

David Orriss Jr wrote:

> Java's still growing... But remember what happened to VB in the 10 years
> that it's been around.. Java's *already there* after only 4 years. Just
> think of where it will be in 6 more years... :-)
I'm taking a Java course and from the few things I've learned so far I know that the OOP concepts are as straight forward as e.g. NewtonScript is. Even better:

The Java books reads like Programming for Newton and has surprisingly
much paralleles. A few years ago there were only some hundred classes
written (in Java 1 or so) but now there're over 4000. And taking over
well programmed classes is half the work done in programming. You need
to become a master in reading manuals and copy and paste as well as in
software design this days. The method HIT (from head into terminal)
doesn't work at least for large applications.

REgards Marco