[NTLK] Custom draw stamps and other questions

From: Eelco Grimm (fairytapes_at_euronet.nl)
Date: Thu Nov 08 2001 - 07:09:53 EST

Dear Newton users,

You'll probably hardly find them anymore, but last monday I became a
_new_ Newton user! I bought an eMate that was hardly ever used. It
seems to me like being _the perfect portable computer_! Now after
some playing around and getting loads of very nice software from the
web, I have yet a few questions.

- On Dettmers site (http://homepage.mac.com/dettmer/newton/) I found
a link to something that interests me very much: info about
modifiying the childish stamps in the drawing program of Newton
works. This because I would like to make some custom objects that I
use as a 'library'. Unfortunately the link was dead. Does anyone know
where to find this info?

- Concerning hardware extensions: what are the real world
restrictions for the specs of compatible memory cards? Could I buy
just any card? And what about info about compatible modem, ethernet
and VGA cards?

- On a similar subject: do I have any chance of finding _internal_
memory extension somewhere?

- I downloaded 'Euro-installer 1.0b1' of Kallisys. The license
agreement says it can't be used after januari 1st 1999. If I want to
update my 'currency exchange' program to Euro's, is there some other
way?

Thank you very much for any info...

Eelco Grimm
Fairytapes, The Netherlands