Re: [NTLK] the way this list is going...

From: Samuel Jacobson (jacobson98_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Nov 08 2001 - 05:51:53 EST

Hello All,

  While I have also felt, from time to time, that so many off-topic
conversations are a bit annoying (or, perhaps more specifically, when an
individual OT thread lasts a long time) I honestly feel that we need to
remember that this is a Community and should treat it as such.

  For myself I come here with the hope of enjoying the topics and
conversations I have interest in, as well as I am comforted in knowing that
if I have a Newton question I have a good chance of having it answered. I
am perfectly happy just wading through the multitude of notes that may be
in my mailbox and simply removing the ones I do not need. For example this
morning I woke up to 75 messages in my inbox, of which 99%+ where from the
NTLK. Most were not of particular interest so I have/will remove(d) them.

  Perhaps others should simply do the same and just enjoy the Community
(and people) for who and what it is. We all know that this is a Newton User
Group, yet there are so many knowledgeable people on topics other than
Newton (yet often times computer related topics, such as my *.dat question
or the on-going OS issue) that it is logical to make these posts here.

  If you are put off by seeing an "OT" in the header then simply remove the
post and move on. I would personally feel it quite a loss if people left
due to something that I deem as so minor as issue.

  Please, then, just relax and enjoy the very neat Community we all have
here! :-) Perhaps then we can all stop the on-line arguments, and
occasional rudeness, that seem to be more and more commonplace on the board.

Always,

Sam

Always remember, "Ad astra per aspera"...

email:
      jacobson98_at_earthlink.net
      or
      sjacobso_at_chuma.cas.usf.edu

Lab. Telephone (via Dr. Susan Bell): 813-974-5420

SnailMail:
     Department of Biology
     University of South Florida
     SCA 110