Re: [NTLK] Java 'n stuff

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Thu Nov 08 2001 - 03:56:00 EST

on 11/7/01 9:11 PM, David Orriss Jr at dave_at_davenet.net wrote:

> AHHHHH! I can't take anymore!!
>
> First.. Java does NOT suck. Four years ago I knew when I first saw it that
> it was going to be huge. I invested very heavily and learning the
> technology. Today I make a living writing Java applications for the Energy
> industry...

Er, greatly enjoyed your post, and will comment on it, but first.... He was
generously and democratically assigning every development platform to the
dust bin as a full-blown joke (I seem to recall he did this also for all
computing platforms, and maybe something else...), and in answer to me.
Sorry to set you off. ;-) However, I'm glad you wrote, because you said
something...

> Java's still growing... But remember what happened to VB in the 10 years
> that it's been around.. Java's *already there* after only 4 years. Just
> think of where it will be in 6 more years... :-)

The key word in respect to Java is "patience" meaning wait and we'll see it
come to its full power... Thanks.

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland