Re: [NTLK] Copy This!

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Thu Nov 08 2001 - 01:50:05 EST

on 11/7/01 5:49 PM, andrew_at_misf67.cern.ch at andrew_at_misf67.cern.ch wrote:

> This is allowed since it would be impossible to actually prosecute everybody
> making a copy of something. In compensation for the possible loss of revenue,
> a sort of tax (or call it supplement) is added to the cost of everything which
> allows to make copies, i.e.,CD-writers CDR, printers, tapes, fax-machines,
> etc.

My question in all of this is who gets this money? The recording companies
or the government? How do they divide the spoils? Do small publishing
companies get any of this? Or only the major labels and publishing
companies?

It sounds more like a scheme for the government to add another tax, which
goes goes into the bureaucratic black hole...

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland