Re: [NTLK] New Appletalk zone has zapped me

From: James Elliott (rootbeeraddict_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Nov 07 2001 - 21:39:07 EST

Whoops! My most humble apologies. I could have sworn I sent this directly
to Grant, due to his mention of such things. On the back is an ethernet
port (the cable type, I don't remember the name of it - Thin perhaps?), a D
shaped port with fifteen holes (eight above, seven below) and two Mini DIN
8 ports. One is labelled Serial, and the other LocalTalk. I'm sorry I
know so little about it, but it was obtained in a pallette full of computer
stuff at an auction and then forgotten about.

-James

>on 11/7/01 3:34 PM, James Elliott at rootbeeraddict_at_yahoo.com wrote:
>
>> I found a thing labelled GatorBox Model 10100 in my garage. Might you kow
>> what the heck it is?
>>
>>> It's been a
>>> long time since I used to configure Gatorbox, NetSerial, and LanRover
>>> devices...
>
>IIRC, the GatorBox used to be some sort of router, I would think between
>LocalTalk and Ethernet, a bit like the iPrint and the AsanteTalk, but I'm
>not positively sure about that. Can you describe the ports on the back of
>the unit?

The James Elliott Newton Site
http://www.geocities.com/rootbeeraddict/newton.html
Is that a Newton in your pocket, or are you happy to see me?