Re: [NTLK] Webxpress question

From: Josh Burker (senorwences_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Nov 07 2001 - 19:21:44 EST

On Wednesday, November 7, 2001, at 03:05 PM, jeff kisseloff wrote:

> I've downloaded webxpress to use with nethopper so I can read sites
> offline. According to the Webxpress manual, after you download a site,
> you click on options and go to nethopper. Then you click on the page in
> the nethopper bookmark, and the site comes up. Well, I do that, but when
> I click on the bookmark, my connection slip comes up instead. Any
> suggestions?
>
> thanks

Normally when you click on a bookmarked page in NetHopper it loads the
page, if available, from the NetHopper Cache
(Extras:Storage:NetHopperCache); when I check my NPDS server from
another Newton I usually have to tap the Reload button to actually get
it to bring up the Connection Slip because the page, which is small, is
stored entirely in the cache.

Make sure NetHopper is caching, or more specifically, that NetHopper is
caching as much information as you would like it to be caching.

Go to the Info button in NetHopper, select Prefs. Then select Cache
Options. Depending on how much storage space you want to devote to your
NetHopper Cache, adjust accordingly.

Additionally, if it's offline "grabbing of webpages" that you want to
have happen on the Newton, why not try NetHopper Scheduler, which will
download pages at specified times. I'm sure it's available at
http://www.unna.org. Just make sure you have the Newton configured not
to bring up the Connection Slip but rather to connect using the selected
Internet Setup so it isn't waiting for you to tap Connect.

Let me know if that helps,

Josh Burker