Re: [NTLK] More off-topic fun!  Kirk or Picard?

From: Bill davis newton (newton_at_mail.ecity.net)
Date: Wed Nov 07 2001 - 12:57:30 EST

He always gets shafted. It's the space station, I guess. Sorta like
people forget or diss the Newton (see, not THAT Off-topic!)

Even Paramount forgot to mention him in their first promo ads for the
new ENTERPRISE series. Sisko fans bitched. They revised the ads.

People forget he was a captain and had a kick-ass little starship too
(and, like Kirk and Picard, he managed to get it blown to heck and they
gave him another one!)

(All this makes Shatner's famous "Get a life" joke in the Saturday
Night Live Star Trek convention "spoof" seem reasonable, don't it? ;-)

 - Bill