Re: [NTLK] (Lord of the Rings) in Newton Book format

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Fri Nov 16 2001 - 03:55:16 EST

on 11/6/01 4:34 PM, brian.tiplady_at_astrazeneca.com at
brian.tiplady_at_astrazeneca.com wrote:

> I suspect this is an area where European and US interpretations of fair use
> or fair dealing diverge. Here is an excerpt from a US site (eff):
>
> Do I have the right to make a copy of my CD for my own personal use?

To further confuse the issue, the "fair use" clause isn't really a clause at
all, if my memory serves me correctly. It is the ruling on a Supreme Court
case, and has never been coded into law. Or, maybe I'm wrong, and it was
coded at one point that I missed, but originally, it was a SC ruling, which
often serves to merely muddy the law, rather than clearing. :-)

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland