Re: [NTLK] Internet Movie Database ebook November update

From: Tom Sheppard (TSheppard_at_home.com)
Date: Tue Nov 06 2001 - 09:52:00 EST

On 2001-11-05 20:51, "Victor Rehorst" <victor_at_newtontalk.net> wrote:

> I'd just like to extend a big "Thanks, Tom!" to Tom for tirelessly
> churning out IMDb books for a loong time now. I just started using them a
> month or so ago and they're great.

Thanks for your kind words. :-) I first started them in May 1998.

> Well, I guess if you have the 4MB card
> to spare, then they're great. :)

Yes, that becomes more of a problem throughout the year as the book grows
from January through December and then resets. The reason for that is that
not all movies have release dates. I try and pick movies that are no more
than 24 months old which would be from November 2001 back to November 1999.
But when a movie just has a year of release and not a date, and it was
released in 1999, then I include it too.

I'd have to see what movies would be dropped if I enforced the requirement
to have a release date. It would certainly shrink the size of the book.

...Tom

P.S. I'm trying to use Mac OS X as much as possible, but the inability to
use the Newton Toolkit under X is a pain as I have to boot back into 9 to
finish the books. Has anyone discovered the magic incantation to get Toolkit
to work under 10.1?