Re: [NTLK] [ANN] New Newted Community Domains

From: THX 1138 (onefishtwofish_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Nov 05 2001 - 23:22:25 EST

On 11/5/01, Grant [Tonic Bottle] Hutchinson quoth:
>Thanks to the foresight of the former Newted Community sysop, Stacey
>Tenen, and a tenacious need to horde domain names by yours truly, there
>are now several new ways to reach the Newted Community site.
><snip>
>Not only does this simplify the daunting task of typing in the
>typographically quaint newted.dyndns.org url, but it also means that
>everyone with a Newted Community account automagically gets a couple new
>email aliases.

Does this work for web addresses too? I'm always anxious to shave a
few extra characters from my webpage, well, short of actually
shelling out the dough for a domain, of course.

Also, while I'm thinking about it, is there a way to shave the
newted.dyndns.org/users/xxx to newted.dyndns.org/~xxx ? I remember we
had this option on the old Raq I used to admin, but for the life of
me I don't remember how I did it.

enough begging. back to plato.

later,

--