[NTLK] Someone to take over NewtonIM

From: Jake Bordens (jake_at_allaboutjake.com)
Date: Thu Nov 05 1992 - 21:49:43 EST

Hey Folks.

Jake Here. Author of NewtonIM.

I'm looking for a dedicated developer who is interested in taking over
NewtonIM. I haven't really kept it up. But what's worse, I just broke
my Farallon ethernet card, so I don't even have a way to test it
anymore!

I haven't made many changes since its first release. There is a
half-finished pick-list of oft-used phrases in the current version of
the source. Also, there is a problem with non-standard characters (a
filter to change international characters to the &entity; equivelents
and back is needed). Also, a "copy message text to notepad" feature has
been requested, but I haven't done it yet.

I'd rather not just throw the source code up online. If you're a NTK
programmer, good with NewtonScript, and are interested in the project,
then send me a message. Please only serious programmers. If you're
just learning, you'll probably not be able to decipher my code
(espeically cause I can barely do it... Hehe)

Thanks,

Jake