[NTLK] Dongle Port Broken

From: Zander Goss (zandergoss_at_marmothall.net)
Date: Mon Nov 05 2001 - 17:30:54 EST

My keyboard refused to work several weeks ago and I thought the reason
was a broken dongle. The regular-serial side looked really beat up. I
found a brand new one for $30 with shipping (thank you for the offer
ajw4), but then while contemplating whether or not to buy it, I found
that the dongle port was loose in it's seat. Simply, when I inserted
the adaptor, the port just got even more recessed in my little green
friend. BTW, I am using an UMP2000. Anyways, I have looked over Dr.
Newton's site and e-mailed him about trying to get it fixed, but I
haven't gotten a response. Has anyone else had this problem? Can Dr.
Newton fix it? Should I get a SER-001 upgrade while I am at it? And
finally, will an Apple ImageWriter II printer work with Newton?