Re: [NTLK] Newt or PocketPC ? (Previously HWR and smaller screens)

From: Darl Singh (darl_at_xpress.net.nz)
Date: Mon Nov 05 2001 - 16:23:30 EST

Yeah - slight misunderstandings :-)
Paper - I can print onto A4-ok - but only get the coverage of a US legal
size (ie _really_ wide and offset margins). No problems for something 'quick
and ugly' but I can't give this to a customer.
Previews look OK - just don't work out that way. Try and crank the page
margins out and you lose text.
Faxes are received in US-legal size only - ie they are resized to 'fit' that
size paper. Print out a fax (on A4 paper) and the same result applies. a
pity - I'd use faxing a lot more otherwise :-)

Area codes: Some numbers, I need to dial the number only - at others, I need
to include the area code - even tho that code is the same as the one I'm in
at the moment. There's no way to tell the OS when to or not to include it.

I've added the city in the Time Zones app - but that's kind of incidental to
this issue :-)

Like I said - nothing major, just some small bugs that would have been nice
to have been addressed.

-D