Re: [NTLK] homemade screen protectors

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Mon Nov 05 2001 - 15:27:03 EST

>Could you be more specific?

Er, what else could I say?
I don't take all my notes on my Newton, I should admit it (to be
exact, I take Logic or Maths notes on paper). With the papers the
teachers give me, I put all that into folders or files (not sure of
the term) which are transparent and in plastic.

I have one per class and inside it's a big mess (just as in my
Newton, actually, I'm rather a messy person, but it's because the
Newton does sort all the things for me). Last year Logic class notes
& papers (one centimeter high) fits into one of these folders, it's
as much as I can stuff into them before they start to die.

They're closed on two sides (bottom and left, but it depends how you
hold them ;). Most of them are in colors, but I have some which are
white (well, rather colorless), perfect for the Newton screen.

They are completely transparent and clear and much more rigid than
paper but less rigid than the original Barriers. I cut into one two
pieces, I used one for months and months (I had the idea more than
one year ago, I think) and just changed before the Summer because it
was too dirty (it really hadn't marks on it). The current one doesn't
look as new because it needs to be cleaned (additionally, I often use
my thumb's nail or a mechanical pencil on it, especially when I
forgot my newton pen home). But you can't say it's damaged or
whatever.

Pen contact is perfect, and much closer to the original screen than
any other protection I've used (I've tried WriteRights, Barriers and
two brands of Plastic sheets I got normally used to print on).

In a nutshell, it's perfect for me. And I'm not scared that I only
have one file left (you can cut four pieces in each), as they are
rather common here, especially in September (I haven't bought these,
I found them I don't recall where).

Paul

--
Home page: http://www.kallisys.com/