Re: [NTLK] MessagePad vs ThinkPad

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Fri Nov 02 2001 - 16:09:59 EST

on 11/2/01 5:50 PM, Scotty Technoir at mailrecipient_at_home.com wrote:

> well, no evangelism is required here...i have been dragging my Duo
> everywhere
> with me for a long time, until i got an MP2K that is...the Thinkpad was just
> too
> cheap and a really nice unit, even if it is PC-side. Really i got it for
> running
> Caldera OpenLinux, but i wanted to try Windoze and the IR stuff first. Upon
> reflection, it would likely be easier to get the Newt talking to the 'Pad
> in Linux, via Sloup or whatever else has been hacked. If i could get
> a Mac i-or-Power Book for the same money, there would be no decision...too
> bad Macs are so coveted and hold their resale value for 4-5 years after they
> are new!
> Anyone need a Duo 2300c w/DockII, ethernet, Apple monitor, and SCSI 6-disc
> changer?
> I'm only asking $2500 USD! =]

Scott,

You could probably find a PowerBook G3 Series, first generation (233, 250
MHz) for around $700-$800 on eBay...

-Laurent.

firefighting n.: 1. What sysadmins have to do to correct sudden operational
problems. An opposite of hacking. "Been hacking your new newsreader?" "No, a
power glitch hosed the network and I spent the whole afternoon fighting
fires." 2. The act of throwing lots of manpower and late nights at a
project, esp. to get it out before deadline. See also gang bang, Mongolian
Hordes technique; however, the term `firefighting' connotes that the effort
is going into chasing bugs rather than adding features.