Re: [NTLK] HWR and smaller screens

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Fri Nov 02 2001 - 11:10:31 EST

on 11/2/01 7:31 AM, Jeroen Goulooze at jeroengoulooze_at_hotmail.com wrote:

> I think it is easier to hold the newt in your hand when having it in
> portrait mode. Then you can walk talk and jot down notes.
>
> Jeroen Goulooze
>
> ----Original Message Follows----
>
> on 02-11-2001 7:04, James Witte at jswitte_at_bloomington.in.us wrote:
>
>> I find that it's easier to write on my Newton (2100) in landscape mode
>> rather than portrait.
>
> I've always been puzzled that so many people use their Newts in portrait,
> when I bought my first 2000 I rotated it immediately and it has been only
> rotated since for a couple of books and the first Dragon Hack ;-)

The other factor to me is the ability to rest my hand *under* the screen,
where I write. I can hardly find a rest for my hand when I'm using my 2100
in landscape, so I prefer portrait orientation.

-Laurent.

code police n.: [by analogy with George Orwell's `thought police'] A
mythical team of Gestapo-like storm troopers that might burst into one's
office and arrest one for violating programming style rules. May be used
either seriously, to underline a claim that a particular style violation is
dangerous, or ironically, to suggest that the practice under discussion is
condemned mainly by anal-retentive weenies. "Dike out that goto or the code
police will get you!" The ironic usage is perhaps more common.