Re: [NTLK] Checking in / iPod Comments...

From: Michael J. Hußmann (michael_at_michael-hussmann.de)
Date: Fri Nov 02 2001 - 07:09:44 EST

JForsterMD_at_aol.com (JForsterMD_at_aol.com) wrote:

> My Thoughts to Michael's below is that digital info is fine if you still
> have the machine to decode it.

I agree, but the point with going digital is that you can copy your
digital recording to a new medium/technology every couple of years,
retaining the original quality. Try to do the same with vinyl records,
tape etc.! However, one should stick to publicly documented formats and
avoid copy-protected formats.

> Remember the tablets from several thousand years ago are legible (as long as
> you know the language).

It's a good thing the Sumerians, Babylonians, and Egyptians didn't use
copy-protection!

- Michael

Michael J. Hussmann

E-mail: michael_at_michael-hussmann.de