Re: [NTLK] Assorted Questions

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Fri Nov 02 2001 - 05:36:06 EST

on 11/2/01 8:41 AM, Mietek at mietek_at_icpnet.pl wrote:

> Is the text recognition engine good enough for rapid note-taking, fo=
> example during a lecture=3F Does it support diacritic characters,
> specifically those found in the Polish language=3F (a, c' e, l- n' o' s'=
> z' z*)

As for the Polish ogonki, I can vouch that I've never succeeded in getting
them to work. :-( Sorry.

> Can I easily mix drawings with text=3F

Yes, but exporting can be a problem.

> Is there a charging station for the MP2100, similar to the one for
> the 120/130's

No, unfortunately.

> Can I still buy the leather Newton & Keyboard carrying case=3F Or is=

Sometimes on eBay you can find one, but I don't think you can find them new.

> the HandStand from PDA Concepts a better choice

Probably, yes. :-)

> How is the PDA Panache stylus different than the MP2100 one=3F

Well, my PDA panache cross pen insert has an orange tip and is
spring-loaded. It feels softer, and gives more resistance. On an unprotected
(plain) screen, it feels and works better, but with a WriteRight or
NuShield, I prefer the original stylus.

> What screen protector brand is the best=3F

Don't even ask that! You'll start a war. I say that the NuShield and the
Writerights are the best. :-)

> What exactly is a "Dongle" - a serial adapter=3F :-)

Yes. The 2k models of Newtons have a weird plug that needs to be adapted to
the serial cable, and the dongle does the changing.

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland